T-shirts are all something we have plenty of in our closets but have no idea where they all came from...But they don't have to be worn to bed or the gym. Following a few simple steps, we can completely transform them into flattering tank tops!Here's how...
Old T-Shirt Into Stylish Tank Top
- STEP ONE: Trace out the shape of the tank top onto your t-shirt. Start at the shoulder seam and draw a curve inward and then back out to the side seam. Draw straight lines parallel to the side seems to make the tank top more form-fitting.
- STEP TWO: Cut along these lines.
- STEP THREE: Sew the new side seams together with the shirt right-side-out. Flip the shirt inside out and stitch again. This is called a French Seam and it creates a very professional finish.' You want to use a zig-zag stitch to allow for stretch.
- STEP FOUR: Roll the edges of the arm holes inwards to hide the raw edge. Stitch this hem down on each side.
- STEP FIVE: If you cut the length of the shirt to be shorter, then hem the bottom of the shirt using a zig-zag stitch to create a nice finish.
- STEP SIX: Showcase it! Let me know how your upcycle adventure goes.
- Love, Ms. Melior
- Old T-Shirt (Clothing Store)
- Scissors (Craft Store)
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Victoria Cantu on Jan 24, 2021
So simple yet so cute!