Tutorial ~ Jean Corsage~ (Got Old Jeans?)
It all started when I decided to get rid of this worn pair of jeans...
It was a much darker color when I bought it, but now, some parts are faded( knee, rear...you know how that goes). Then the frugal side of me kicked in and stopped me from throwing the jeans in the trash.
I made a couple of things, but I am doing a tutorial for one item today.
I saw a jean corsage at an expensive department store once, if I remember correctly, it was around $38.00. It was pretty, but not $38.00 pretty... I decided to make my own with my old jeans.
I will show you what I did.
1. Cut 5 squares. 2- 3 1/2", 1- 3", 1- 2 3/4", 1- 2 1/2".
2. Cut out flower shapes. It is easier to cut by using the corners as a guide. Remember, it doesn't need to be perfect! That gives the corsage character.
3. Sew along the edges of the flowers to prevent fraying. (It will fray a little, but not as much, it also gives body to each of the petals.)
4. Stack them together, large flower to small. Make sure that petals don't overlap each other from the top layer down to the bottom layer.
5. Sew a large bead in the middle, then, sew 7-8 pearls around it. I sew at least a couple of times for each bead to make sure they are secure. For the color of the beads, I originally wanted to do a cream color, but I ended up picking darker colors. I like that the beads don't stand out too much.
6. Sew the pin to a 1 1/2" felt circle. Using the slip stitch, sew that onto the back of the flower.
7. I didn't want my flower to lay flat, so I squeezed it and made the shape. It is totally a personal choice.
8. Time to enjoy!
I love this corsage, amazingly, it goes with lots of outfits. It will be cute on some bags too.
You must be wondering, "Where did the rest (majority) of the fabric go?".
Well, I am going to be a guest blogger over at Someday Craft on Monday, I am going to post another tutorial there. I can't tell you any more about it, but I am really excited about this tutorial, so be sure to head over there on Monday!
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.