Hey happy people! Today I’m so excited to share my next project: it’s the Moji Pants pt II: At-Home Edition. I used this gorgeously soft stretch linen viscose to create another pair of the Moji pants (see my first version here) specifically to wear during this season of life when I’m staying home more and looking to keep cozy while I do so. The end result was these adorable jogger-style pants that I immediately became obsessed with!
Sew Your Own Joggers Using This Easy Sewing Pattern
You can view the entire step-by-step process of sewing these joggers by watching the video above! I made a couple of adjustments to the pattern, including lengthening the rise and adding elastic to the waistband for an easier fit at my natural waist (I'll walk you through how I did that in the video). I couldn’t be happier with the end result!
QUICK + DIRTY DETAILS:
PATTERN: Moji Pants by Seamwork
SIZE: I made a size 4 which is waaaayyy off based on my measurements! (I’m closer to a 12 for this pattern) This lead to a more fitted silhouette overall. The forgiveness of the fabric helped with the fit A LOT. My measurements:
- B: 38”
- W: 31"
- H: 40"
- Height: 5'4"
- Added 1” elastic to the tie-waistband
- Used sewn button-hole openings for the waist tie as opposed to grommets (as recommended by the pattern)
- Did not sew 2 additional rows of topstitching in the waistband to create the waist-tie channel in order to leave room for my thicker elastic
- Lengthened rise 3”
Would you sew your own woven joggers for a put-together look at-home? I've already mentally planned about 75 more pairs of these bad boys, and I can't wait to see what styles you guys come up with!
Until next time, happy making!
- Woven fabric (Minerva)
- 1 in wide elastic (JoAnn Fabrics)
- Thread (JoAnn Fabrics)
- Sewing machine
- The Moji Pants pattern (digital download) (Seamwork.com)