Beeswax Lotion Bar Recipe
This beeswax lotion bar recipe is one of my favorite solid lotion bar recipes. It has a heavenly plumeria scent and lasts up to a year.
Solid soap bars are filled with skin softeners found in traditional body lotions. They make a great spot treatment for dry skin, hands, or feet.
However, they are also useful to moisturize the body. The lotion is applied by rubbing on a dry area. The body temperature melts the lotion slightly when it is touching the skin.
The product will be applied in the same way as normal lotion. You can also use lotion bars in massage bars. The only soap molds needed are massage bars. Apply this on your hand like rubbing soap onto your hand.
Using a silicone soap or lotion mold is easiest.
If you don't have a microwave, you can melt the ingredients in a double boiler.
When you make homemade lotion bars, you can add any essential oil or fragrance oil you like. Experiment to see which oils you like best when you make your lotion bars. Or, you can leave out the essential oil and make your lotion bar unscented.
- 3 oz beeswax pellets
- 3 oz shea butter, cocoa butter, or mango butter
- 2-3 oz coconut oil
- Vitamin e (optional)
- 20 drops plumeria fragrance oil
- ⅛ tsp Purplish Red Mica Powder
- Flower silicone lotion bar mold
- 4 cup microwave-safe measuring cup (or double boiler)
- Kitchen scale
- Measure your beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil by weight. You will need 3 ounces of each.
- In the measuring cup, layer in order, beeswax, shea butter, then coconut oil.
- Heat in 30-second bursts, removing and stirring well after each heat session, until everything is fully melted. The beeswax will take the longest to melt.
- Add fragrance or essential oils, and mica powder. Stir very well for a few minutes to make sure the color is fully combined.
- Set mold on a cutting board or baking sheet. Pour into the molds.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.
- Remove the lotion bars from mold and store solid lotion bars in an airtight container.
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.