Cold Shoulder to "Normal" Sleeve Modest Dress Refashion
I got this dress last summer when the cold shoulder trend was everywhere and I was in love with the trend. Now, I still enjoy the trend every once in a while, like when I wear this cold shoulder lace dress I refashioned last year. I was definitely more into the cold shoulder trend last summer though.
The cold shoulder opening was too big on this dress and the v-neckline was deeper than I liked. The cold shoulder sleeves had great potential, because they were big and ruffled. When I was playing around, draping the fabric, I fell in love with how the new ruffle sleeve looked like.
- Too big cold shoulder sleeves turned into new modest ruffle sleeves.
- The v-neckline was brought up by using a sew on snap to hold it in place. (Like these)
1. I cut the cold shoulder sleeves off.
2. I laid out the sleeve flat, as shown below. I put the sleeve and bodice together (like shown in Step 4) to make sure the sleeve fit the armhole. Luckily it did and I didn't have to make the sleeve smaller.
3. I cut off the excess fabric.
4. Lastly, I pinned the sleeve under the seam and topstitched.
You don't have to topstitch your sleeves. I did because the armholes were already finished off and I wanted to keep that look.
Done! New modest wrap dress! :)
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Want more details about this and other fashion and style ideas? Check out more here!
Published April 29th, 2021 9:51 AM