DIY Upscale Men's Bracelets
If you are a man or have men in your life who want to look stylish but have seen the price of some men's pieces and "yikes!" this is for you!
I made these a few years ago for my husband and son and they are still in great condition. What you'll need for this project:
- Flat leather cord ( sometimes call licorice cord) which is available at bead sites online or specialty bead shops and comes in real and vegan leather.
- Coordinating clasps and slider beads ( available same sources)
- Jewelry glue, E-600 glue, or my go to Loctite Gel Control Super Glue
This is an easier project than it may look because of the boldness of the clasps and slider beads. Measure the wrist of the recipient and cut the cord to fit. No fancy tools: scissors but you just want to make sure you cut your end straight!
Attach one side of your clasp to one end of your cord and glue into place. Add slider beads and then glue remaining clasp to the other end. Done!
Since I made these originally, there are so many more metal and glass slider beads available so google your local bead store or online sellers and there's a style / color / theme for everyone!
Not to be outdone, of course I had to make one for myself too!
Enjoyed the project?
- Leather Licorice Cord (Fusion Beads)
- Slider Beads and Clasps (Fusion Beads)
- Jewelry / E-6000 / Loctite Glue (Michaels)
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Love these bracelets. Found it challenging gluing the leather into end clasps... leather was a bit heavy for clasp end size.