Homemade DIY Vanilla Rose Sugar Scrub Recipe
This homemade vanilla rose sugar body scrub recipe is a quick and easy DIY recipe for soft, smooth and moisturized skin with the light, sweet aroma of roses and vanilla.
A sugar scrub is a body scrub that uses sugar in combination with oils and other simple ingredients to both exfoliate and moisturize the skin.
Cane sugar: I like to use organic white sugar for this purpose, but brown sugar or any granulated sugar you prefer, will get the job done.
Sweet almond oil: I love how silky and moisturizing sweet almond is in sugar scrub recipes, but you can use any carrier oil of your choice. Jojoba oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil and olive oil are all excellent choices, too!
Crushed dried rose petals: This adds both scent and beauty to this sugar scrub recipe. If you don't have rose petals, dried rose buds or rose powder work well, too.
Vanilla bean powder: If you don't have access to vanilla bean powder (I know it can be pricey!), you can use vanilla extract, if need be. I like to buy the powder at Mountain Rose Herbs.
Rose absolute essential oil: This adds additional rose fragrance to this scrub. If you do not like to use essential oils, rose water makes a suitable replacement.
In a large mixing bowl, you will combine all of the sugar scrub ingredients before mixing until all is well combined and an even consistency. You can store or use your DIY body scrub right away!
You can use sugar scrub in the bath or shower as a dry scrub before rinsing or under running warm water or submerged in the bathtub. You simply take a handful and rub in a circular motion over your skin, using as much as is needed to thoroughly moisturize and exfoliate the dead skin cells until your skin is nice and soft.
While you technically could use a sugar scrub on your face with caution and gentleness, sugar scrubs are generally a bit too harsh for the face, which has more sensitive skin. Sugar scrubs are better suited to the dry skin on your body only.
You can keep DIY sugar scrub in a lidded container in dry place for up to 6 months. I like to make a batch or two of sugar scrub, then use mason jars for storage. Homemade body scrub also makes excellent gifts!
- ▢ 2 cups organic cane sugar or any granulated sugar of choice
- ▢ 1 cup sweet almond oil or any carrier oil of choice
- ▢ 1 tablespoon crushed dried rose petals or dried rose buds
- ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- ▢ 10 drops rose absolute essential oil or rose water
- ▢ In a medium mixing bowl combine the sugar, oil, rose petals, vanilla bean powder and rose essential oil. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the sugar is thoroughly soaked with oil and the mixture smells richly fragrant.
- ▢ Keep stored in a lidded glass jar or container for up to 6 months.
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.