Refashioned Combat Boots Using Floral Embroidered Patches
This was the first time that I refashioned shoes! I would usually steer clear of shoes, because I felt refashioning them was too difficult. I can wrestle with multiple layers of tulle and slippery chiffon, but I was intimidated by shoes, hehe. I got these pink combat boots a couple of years ago, and while I still love them, I felt they needed a little revamp.
Lately, I've really been loving the embroidered floral trend. I bought these patches back in December and used them to make this refashioned top. I had originally bought the patches to refashion these boots, but like I mentioned before, I was still intimidated by the thought of refashioning shoes.
SUPPLIES I USED:
- Floral Embroidered Patches The ones I originally bought are sold out, but I found these similar ones.
- Leather & Suede GlueSince my boots were made out of suede, I needed a glue that would work for that.I bought this one here.
- Small BrushI used an old one that I had in my craft box. Any small-ish brush will work. :)
1. I covered the back of the patch with the leather and suede glue, using my brush.
2. *Not pictured* (Sorry, no photo of this step, because I was using both of my hands to hold the patch!)I carefully grabbed the patch and placed it on my boot. I pressed down for a bit.
3. After placing the patch on my boot, I went and filled in the little corners that didn't get fully glued down. (As show by the circle)
That's it! Yes, it's that easy! To be honest, the hardest part was Step 2, which was placing the patch on the boot.
Using patches and glue, the possibilities are endless. You can refashion shoes, backpacks, jackets, you name it!
Enjoyed the project?
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Great idea!! Definitely gonna try this. Thanks for posting!