DIY Ombre Stenciled Graphic T-Shirt
I had fun doing this easy and simple t-shirt DIY using a people stencil, fabric paint and some iron-on letters. I wanted to have fun with color for the print of this shirt, but I also feel like this would be super cute made in all black with black letters. I'm usually inspired by popular culture and a lot of my go to style involves it. This shirt looks like your'e wearing art! Check out how I made it below.
DIY Ombre Graphic Stenciled T-Shirt
- Fabric Paint
- Sponge Brushes
- People Stencil
- Iron-On Letters
- Start by ironing and getting the wrinkles out of a fresh basic t-shirt for easy stencil application.
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface and insert a scrap piece of cardboard inside the shirt. This helps to avoid the back and the front of the shirt from sticking together. (Tip: I like to save the cardboard inserts from construction and card-stock paper in craft stash for crafts like this).
- Place the stencil on the desired area on the front of the shirt. Secure the stencil using tape around the edges/perimeter of the stencil.
- Use a sponge tip brush to dab on the fabric paint of your choice onto the stencil. (Tip: I find that using another object to keep pressure on the stencil in areas where the fabric paint is being added is helpful to ensuring a well stenciled design).
- Remove the stencil after the fabric paint is covering the entire open areas of the stencil.
- Then, optionally add iron-on letters to complete the look so it's known who's on the shirt.
And that's all it is to it for this ombre stencil t-shirt DIY. Come say hey and share your t-shirt and other DIYs @Craftingwithcass on Instagram.
Watch the video featuring this shirt and a stenciled home decor canvas!
- T-Shirt (Michaels)
- Fabric Paint (Hobby Lobby)
- Sponge Brushes (Hobby Lobby)
- People Stencil (Stencil Revolution)
- Iron-On Letters (Hobby Lobby)
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.