Fashion: Helpful Tips To Prepare An Outfit For Your Next Event
Happy Monday babes. I am back with another blog post, but this is going to be short and sweet. This past weekend I attended a funeral and I wanted to share my quick, cute, and basic look with a touch of glam. Plus, the steps I took to achieve this look that can also help you prepare for your next event. Lets get into it shall we.
The Planning Process
The weather was cold for us Texans and I wanted to make sure me and the little one were warm and cozy. So I had to prepare our outfits. First, my feet were not done (I am waiting to get a fresh pedicure for Valentine’s Day) I knew my outfit had to pair well with a closed toe shoe. Lastly, because I am not a big fan of skirts or dresses, I knew that I wanted to wear pants, be comfortable, but still dressy. So the outfit called for The Basic Jogger Set.
The Basic Jogger Set was the perfect match because it checked off all of my boxes!
- It paired well with my chunky boots (closed toe shoe)
- It is warm and cozy due to the material being 100% cotton
- The color was a perfect vibe for the funeral
- Versatile enough to be dressed up or down (good option to change into sneakers after the services)
I added a blazer for layering due to the cold weather. Plus, it added a sophisticated vibe to the look. Lastly, I added a touch of glam by wearing gold accessories which is my love language. That is how I “Styled Up” my basic jogger outfit.
In Conclusion: Helpful Tips
Joggers do not have to be dressed down all of the time. Make your outfits work for you and create your own style. But here are a few helpful tips that can help you when choosing an outfit for a funeral or any event:
- First, Check the weather. That will help you determine if you need to dress warm or if you can have a hot girl summer (ooowww)
- Second, Choose what type/style of shoe you want to wear. This helps you with the type of mood you are in which helps you make a better decision in your outfit (Example: how I explained that it is cold in Houston, I wanted to be dressy and comfy, and my feet are in need of a pedicure… so the boot was the best option for me)
- Third, check your closet or shop for outfits that will pair well with your shoe choice. The shoe already determines the vibe of the outfit. So match your clothing with the shoe.
- Lastly, I will continue to say this over and over again. Be confident in your clothing and “Style Up”! When you know who you are and believe in your clothing and yourself… you will attract your tribe and energy.
To learn how to style basic joggers I talk more about this on my blog post here. And if you would like to purchase a basic jogger set you can do so here. I hope you enjoyed this post and until next time babe… Happy Styling!
A Basic Mom with a Touch of Glam
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.