Healing, Soothing Homemade Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
This sugar scrub is perfect to use all winter. It is soothing to really dry winter skin, but also has beneficial chemicals to heal any skin issues you might have this time of year.
And not to mention, it smells so heavenly!
This is a perfect gift for your friends, neighbors, coworkers, or just for yourself too!
- 1 cup brown sugar, organic
- 2 cups white granulated sugar, organic
- 3 tsp organic cinnamon
- 3 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/8 cup castor oil
- Cinnamon oil drops (OPTIONAL)
- 8 oz glass jars with lids
To learn more about which ingredients we use and the science behind each one, click here to read the blog post.
- Mix the sugars together until well-combined. Brown sugar can clump, so make sure to break apart if needed.
- Add in all the spices and stir.
- Next, add in the avocado oil. Mix around until all the sugar mix is coated.
- Add in the castor oil, then mix again. At this point, mixture should be soft and wet, but not mushy.
- You can add in some drops of cinnamon oil for added scent and benefits, but this is optional.
- Distribute between jars, This mixture will fill 3 of the 8 oz jars about 2/3 full.
How To Use DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub:
This mix will last months. If it gets hard or clumpy, just add in some warm water before use.
Use a few teaspoons on dry spots like elbows, knees and feet while bathing or showing. Due to the healing properties of castor oil, this is really great for dry eczema spots too.
Enjoyed the project?
- White sugar (store)
- Brown sugar (store)
- Ground cinnamon (store)
- Ground nutmeg (store)
- Gloves (store)
- Ginger (store)
- Avocado oil (amazon)
- Castor oil (amazon)
- Cinnamon oil (amazon)
- 8 oz glass jars (amazon)
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Do the ingredients have to be organic? Won't ordinary work just as well and be a whole lot cheaper?