How to Make Coffee Scrub for Cellulite, Stretch Marks Without Coconut
Can your skin use an instant refresh? Learn how to make the BEST DIY coffee scrub recipe for cellulite, stretch marks and anti-aging skin care. There are a number of coffee scrub benefits. This DIY coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil is a super easy beauty hack to get glowing skin and reduce puffiness caused by inflammation.
It’s formulated with natural carrier oils, pink salt, brown sugar, ground coffee & essential oils to exfoliate, smooth and brighten dull, aging or acne prone skin. So your skin looks and feels more youthful and healthy with every use. It can also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks in addition to facial puffiness!
Easy Homemade Coffee Scrub Recipe
My easy DIY coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil is inspired by the Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub. The Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub contains coffee, sweet almond oil, water, salt, brown sugar, orange oil, vitamin E and fragrance.
Scented with a fresh fragrance blend of orange, coconut and cardamom, my DIY coffee scrub recipe contains naturally emollient sweet almond oil, mineral rich pink Himalayan salt, anti-inflammatory blood orange essential oil, brown sugar, and ground coffee to promote glowing, youthful looking skin.
DIY Coffee Scrub Benefits
So what are the benefits of a DIY coffee scrub? Coffee scrubs are often touted as being able to tackle cellulite and stretch marks. However, this easy DIY coffee scrub offers many other additional natural skin care benefits – especially for aging or maturing skin. Follow of some of the coffee scrub benefits you’ll experience through daily use.
Here are the potential benefits of coffee scrub:
- Exfoliates skin to remove dead skin cells, leaving you with supple skin.
- Smooths skin so it looks & feels more youthful.
- Brightens dull skin to give it a healthy looking glow.
- Fights the visible signs of aging.
- Caffeic acid (found in coffee) has antimicrobial properties that help protect the skin against germs and help to prevent acne.
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks.
- Targets and fights inflammation that can make skin look puffy.
- Increase blood flow which aids in the overall skin health.
- If applied regularly, you will notice that your skin absorbs moisture much more effectively.
That all sounds pretty great, right? It really is. I love the difference adding a coffee scrub recipe to my daily beauty regimen has made. Plus they are so easy to whip together.
However, unlike many of the DIY coffee scrub recipes you see on the internet, mine is different. I formulate my coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil – and for a very important reason.
Why make a DIY coffee scrub without coconut oil?
How do you make a coffee scrub without coconut oil? As coconut oil has a fairly high comedogenic rating of 4 – meaning it can clog pores and cause acne when used – I chose to create a DIY coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil. In lieu of coconut oil I used sweet almond oil. Sweet almond oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, which is moderately low, and contains essential fatty acids as well as vitamins A and E.
So not only will it not cause acne, it’s also an effective emollient for moisturizing skin. Plus, sweet almond oil is quickly and easily absorbed by the skin.
Benefits of sweet orange oil in a DIY coffee scrub.
In addition to swapping out the coconut oil in my DIY coffee scrub recipe, I also chose to use blood orange essential oil. I chose this natural essential oil for several reasons. Not only does sweet orange essential oil offer uplifting aromatherapeutic benefits, it also has anti-inflammatory skin care properties. And it has been proven effective at preventing acne and other dermatitis related issues. It can also aid in clearing up existing acne breakouts and further promote healing. So skin looks healthy and feels amazing.
However, it is important keep in mind that any citrus essential oil, including blood orange essential oil, can increase photosensitivity. So when using this DIY coffee scrub, you will need to take proper precautions against sun exposure. And, as with any essential oil, you should consult a physician before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Additional ingredients in my DIY coffee scrub.
I have also included a few optional ingredients in my DIY coffee body scrub recipe. The fragrance oil is, of course, optional. It does smell wonderful and summery blended with the blood orange essential oil. However, you can choose to omit it entirely.
Or simply use an alternate fragrance oil that blends nicely with orange. I also added extra caffeine to my scrub for its purported anti-aging benefits (though research is mixed) along with its anti-inflammatory properties and naturally occurring antioxidants.
The caffeine also further aids in reducing inflammation which in turn can help with puffy skin. In addition, I also added a bit of steam distilled coffee oil to give my DIY coffee scrub recipe more of an underlying coffee scent.
Following is my orange coconut DIY coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil. In addition to this DIY coffee scrub recipe, you’ll also find free printable labels for your own coffee scrubs after the recipe for easy gifting. I hope you enjoy the coffee scrub benefits as much as I do!
Homemade Coffee Scrub Ingredients
We need the following materials to create an exfoliating coffee scrub:
- 4.5 oz. coffee beans, fine ground
- 2.25 oz. pink Himalayan salt, fine ground
- 2 oz. brown sugar
- 3 oz. sweet almond oil
- .25 oz. blood orange essential oil
- 2 mL vitamin E oil
You can turn this sugar scrub recipe into a lavish body treatment by adding the following ingredients to your homemade coffee scrub:
- .3 oz. Coconut Orange Cardamom Fragrance Oil
- .5 oz. water soluble caffeine extract
- 20 drops steam distilled coffee oil or coffee absolute
How to Make Homemade Coffee Scrub
Making coffee body scrub at home is easy. Let me walk you through the simple steps on how to make coffee scrubs:
- Using a digital scale, weigh out the ground coffee, pink Himalayan salt and brown sugar. Combine in a glass bowl or large glass Pyrex measuring cup.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with a fork to ensure even distribution.
- Now weigh out the sweet almond oil, blood orange essential oil, fragrance oil and water soluble caffeine extract into a separate container. Measure out and add the vitamin E oil using a plastic transfer pipette. Finally, add the coffee oil using a dropper or plastic transfer pipette, then mix together all of the wet /liquid ingredients to combine.
- Spoon the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well, using a fork to whisk the ingredients until they are combined thoroughly.
- Now spoon your orange coconut DIY coffee scrub into two clear plastic 8 oz. low profile jars. (Each jar will hold approximately 6.25 oz. of coffee scrub by weight.) Alternately, you can also use two 8 oz. High Barrier Kraft Paper Stand up Zipper Pouch Bags. (These bags are comparable to the ones used for the Frank Body Original Coffee Scrubs.)
- You can also use traditional pantry jars, which are classic wide-mouth, clear glass jars with a rubber gasket seal and easy-to-use clamp down lid.
Package the coffee scrub recipe + free printable label
Now download the free printable labels for your orange coconut coffee scrub here. Print the PDF file onto a full size white label sheet. Cut out the labels, remove the backing and adhere to the front of your containers. (You can find the link to the labels here.)
If you love my DIY coffee scrub recipe for your anti-aging skin care routine, then be sure to pin it for later!
How to use homemade coffee body scrub
Follow these simple steps exfoliate your body:
- You can use the scrub in the shower or tub.
- First, run the water for a few minutes to soften your skin.
- Next, gently apply the DIY coffee body scrub over your body.
- Rub it on your skin in circular motions, moving from the feet upwards.
- Then rinse it off in the shower with plenty of water.
Exfoliate once to twice per week. Don’t use the scrub on irritated skin or wounds.
How to store DIY coffee scrub
Store your homemade coffee sugar scrub recipe in an airtight jar or container in a cool, dark place.
Use a spoon or cosmetic spatula to take coffee body scrub out from the jar and be careful that no water enters the product.
Visit the original post on how to make a homemade coffee scrub here for answers to common questions about coffee scrubs.
More Natural Skin Care Recipes
If you love my DIY coffee scrub recipe without coconut oil as much as I do, then you may also like my other natural skin care recipes.
- Cardamom & spice solid coffee sugar scrub recipe
- Homemade coffee soap recipe
- Coffee & bourbon vanilla homemade soap recipe
- Natural coffee under eye cream recipe for puffy eyes
- Homemade coffee flavored lip balm recipe.
You can also find more of my salt scrub recipes here and my sugar scrub recipes here. Alternately for more of my bath and body projects that also have free printable product labels, visit Soap Deli News blog here.
- Ground coffee
- Pink salt
- Brown sugar
- Sweet almond oil
- Blood orange essential oil
- Vitamin e oil
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.