Lemon Poppy Seed Soap DIY
This lemon poppy seed soap is perfect for spring! The DIY is super easy to make, it smells AH-MAZING, and the poppy seeds provide a little exfoliant. It’s perfect for Mother’s Day, hostess gift, teacher or neighbor present, and of course to use in every bathroom in your home.
I’ve only made soap a few times before. I want my homemade soap to be free of lye (a dangerous process to make), and made with all natural ingredients. It took awhile to research different recipes and soap making techniques, but once I figured it out, I was shocked at how easy it is!
If you think this soap is girly, I guess it kinda is. But my professional tough guy Green Beret Hubby loves it. It doesn’t smell like flowers. It smells like lemon and citrus. Perfect for a great wake-me-up!
The full list of ingredients and directions are on the blog post - check out the link below and come over and visit us!
- Cut out the desired amount of soap base squares.
- At half power, heat the soap in a large glass container or glass measuring cup at 30 second intervals. Depending on your microwave, this should take a total of 90 seconds to two minutes.
- Zest one lemon while you are doing this.
- Let cool for one minute.
- Stir and add the essential oils.
- Add the lemon zest to the mixture and stir again.
- Ideally, you will want to pour the soap mixture through a funnel into the soap molds. It helps to minimize the bubbles. But if you don’t have one and don’t mind a few bubbles, it’s optional.
- Pour almost to the top of the soap molds.
- Let sit for four hours at room temperature.
Gently remove from the silicone molds.
Want to see the full list of ingredients and full instructions? Be sure to click on the link below and head over to the blog post. We would love for you to stop by and say hello and let us know what you think! Happy spring!
Resources for this project:See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Want more details about this and other fashion and style ideas? Check out more here!
Published March 17th, 2018 12:14 PM