Pink Himalayan Salt Soap Recipe
Learn how to make an easy salt soap recipe with melt and pour soap. Melt and pour salt soap is more abrasive than cold process salt soap, so this makes an excellent scrubby exfoliating soap bar.
This pink Himalayan salt soap recipe is easy to make since it's melt and pour, but there are still some techniques to learn for the best results. You can use pink Himalayan salt or a fine grain sea salt. Dead sea salt and other salts will dissolve.
You will need:
Use a salt grinder to get 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground pink salt and set aside. This will be for the top of the soap. Then cut the soap base into 1 inch cubes and place in the measuring cup. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring between heating. When it's melted, remove from the microwave and let sit for 2 minutes or until it's thick.
Add the fine salt and stir quickly. Then pour into the mold. It will be thick, so scrape the extra soap into the mold. It will be fluffy on top.
Sprinkle the coarse salt on top before it hardens. Then let sit for 4 hours or until completely cooled.
Cut into 1 inch soap bars. This makes 4 bars.
- 1 1/4 pound white melt and pour soap base
- 2 tablespoons fine Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground Himalayan pink salt (I ground it from a grinder)
- Grind 1 tablespoon of pink salt from the grinder and place in a small bowl. This will be for the top of the salt scrub soap bar recipe.
- Cut the soap base into 1 inch cubes and place them in the measuring cup. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until melted, stir at each interval. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Add the fine salt and stir well. Keep stirring until it starts to cool off and thickens. Let the soap cool until it gets thick as in the photos. The prevents the salt from dissolving and keeps the salt suspended in the soap base.
- Sprinkle finely ground salt on the top of the soap before it sets up.
- Let the soap cool in the mold for about four hours or until completely set up and firm. Cut into 1 inch bars.
- Melt and pour soap
- Pink himalayan salt
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.