DIY Easy Cork Monogram Earrings 2
Did you know that wine corks can be sliced into disks, painted, inked and stamped to create beautiful custom jewelry. Not only are these monogram stamped earrings stylish and eco friendly, but they are light as a feather. The customization possibilities are infinite! Follow the steps below to make your own, or use the same process to make pendants, charm bracelets and wine glass tags!
-pigment ink pad
-2 pairs of jewelry pliers
-large binder clip
-Mod Podge Matte or other sealant
1. Grasp cork horizontally with binder clip. This gives you a way to grip it while keeping your fingers out of harms way. Slice a segments of cork with the utility knife about ¼ inch thick.
2. Paint the cut cork segments the desired color and let dry.
3. Stamp letters or other designs onto the painted cork in a contrasting color. You can dry this with a heat tool or let air dry.
4. Seal with Mod Podge Matte. Gloss or satin would be fine too, I just prefer the matte look for this project.
4. Twist the eye screw into place at the top center of the cork slice.
5. Use pliers to open earring finding loop, attach to eye screw and close with pliers. You could also use a jumpring to attach the finding to the screw loop.
Enjoyed the project?
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
something to do if you like that look
These are sooooo cute! New year, New style!