Confetti Covered Sunglasses Case
Sometimes all it takes to revive an old item that is headed for the bin is a little glue and some confetti. Yes, it’s amazing what a transformation a few colourful circles of tissue paper can make.
I was almost on the verge of throwing my old sunglasses case out because the fabric outer was very dirty and quite shabby, the inner lining was damaged too.
Instead of throwing it away, the only thing for it was to get my decoupage on and cover it in confetti.
This is a super easy project, and the same technique can be used for any object with a hard surface. Try it on bangles, headbands, or even a hard shell clutch bag.
You will need:
- an old spectacle or sunglasses case
- tissue paper confetti
- PVA glue or Mod Podge
- paint brush
- white acrylic paint (optional)
- paper plate or paint/glue dish
- adhesive fabric tape (optional)
- glass jar or small object to act as a stand during painting
- If your case is dark, start by giving it a white coat of paint. (If you have a vinyl covered case, add a little glue in with the paint to help it stick.)
- Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Start gluing on your confetti spots with small dabs of PVA glue or Mod Podge, work on spot at a time.
- Let the confetti overlap slightly to allow the colours to blend where edges touch.
5. Carry on until the whole case is covered. On edges fold confetti over sides and trim excess.
6. Leave confetti to dry before covering in a thick layer of PVA or Mod Podge. I’ve balance my case over a small container to allow access on all sides without having to touch it. Leave to dry fully, the glue will dry clear and provide a resilient protective coating.
7. I repaired the cracked interior with some adhesive fabric tape that I had on hand.
All done! That was pretty easy.
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.