How To: Bespoke Clothes & Why We Love Them
Many people have never heard of bespoke clothes, and some who have, don't realize it's an affordable and accessible way to build your wardrobe.
In this post, I'll walk you through everything you need to know about bespoke clothes and why you'll love them!
What is bespoke?
Bespoke means made for you and no one else. The clothes are made one-off and with your exact vision and measurements.
Why do we love bespoke?
- It fits your body perfectly, unlike most "universal" sizing
- It supports a local tailor, bring prosperity directly to your community
- It doesn't create as much textile waste as Fast-Fashion retail giants
- The items are made ethically and not by sweatshop workers being abused and under paid
- Everything can made in the exact cut and pattern as you desire
- Everything is made super high-quality. Time and care are taken with each stitch, unlike fast-fashion brands using cheap threads and quick stitching in order to keep costs as low as possible
How to build your bespoke wardrobe:
- Use Pinterest to clarify the vision of what you want made
- Use Google to find y tailor/dress-maker in your neighborhood
- Discuss pricing with the tailor and timing
- Get your measurements taken
- Return for a second fitting if necessary
And that's it! It's that easy.
These are all the items I've had made over the years...
Which look is your favorite?
Enjoyed the project?
The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Published December 22nd, 2020 6:20 AM
Join the conversation
Pink pant suit. Classic. I would like it in navy blue and a grey pinstripe.
No need to find a tailor. I, already, sew. Do my clothes fit me like a glove? Yep.